Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes 12.3.2 stops playing after about 20 songs

I am running windows 7 64 bit. I have the latest itunes 12.3.2 and even uninstalled and reinstalled itunes but after approx 20 songs are manually selected as in I click on each song to play next or just sample listen to about 20 songs in the store then itunes just stops playing. The header shows the new song selected but it just wont play and I have to shut down itunes and start it up again just to be able to hear another 20 or so songs and it starts all over again.I have tried clicking on the song, and every method available and itunes just refuses to play. The problem is both in my music and in the store as well as the for you section in itunes music, basically every place there are songs online and off, it don't matter. If I just hit play and don't touch anything then itunes will play all day long without any problems but if I manually click on songs and get to about 20 or so then it freezes up and stops playing until I restart itunes. This is a huge pain in the butt and it never used to be this way but ever since the latest itunes configuration with the new itunes music there have been problems after problems. As I stated earlier I have reinstalled itunes and that did not help, does itunes now require me to wear purple socks or a tinfoil hat to work properly now because im at a loss. Yes my PC has all the latest updates with the exception of windows 10 and im not going to install that. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 7:51 PM

1 reply

Feb 6, 2016 7:11 AM in response to spanky17

Hello spanky17,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand that iTunes is becoming unresponsive after playing a few songs. I understand you've tried reinstalling it already, but I'd like you to please make sure and follow the steps below to reinstall iTunes, as there is a specific order in which to remove the components.

Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later

Take care.

Itunes 12.3.2 stops playing after about 20 songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.