Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is there a receipt template available for Numbers?

I am a novice with spreadsheets, and am looking for a receipt template giving me the options to fill in blanks on a pre printed receipt template that will let me edit as I deem necessary fields such as tenant name, date amount received, balance forward, and a variable text box for notes. I would also like a receipt number that will self generate a new number as I create a new receipt for each transaction. any help would be appreciated

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11), 3.2 quad core, 32 gb RAM 1gb Video

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 8:22 PM

1 reply

Feb 4, 2016 8:52 PM in response to John Travitzky

Hi John,

A better model for this purpose might be a master table on which you record (or calculate, in the case of balance forward) the details for each tenant, and a separate Receipt sheet which retrieves the appropriate data from the master table. Receipt numbers in this model would be generated directly from the row number of the row on the master table containing the transaction details.

Although the fields on the Receipt sheet/table could be placed to print on a pre-printed template, it would likely be easier to include the fixed elements of that template on the Receipt table itself, and print the receipts onto a blank sheet of paper.

Details of the information you'll record for each transaction and which parts of that data will be transferred to the receipt would be useful in designing a Number document to do the task.

Regards,

Barry

is there a receipt template available for Numbers?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.