Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to reset my iPhone and start from the scratch

I Was not able to download the app 'move to IOS' to move my stuff from my old android phone. Please assist how to do the same as I have the app now but do not see the option for transfering the stuff from my old phone to my new IPhone 5S. Else suggest me ways to my iPhone to start over the setup again from the beginning.

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 8:30 PM

1 reply

Feb 6, 2016 8:37 AM in response to Unmeshnr

Hello there, Unmeshnr.

It seems you are wanting to know how to transfer content from your Android phone to your new iPhone 5s. The following Knowledge Base article provides a checklist of steps on how to accomplish this:

Move from Android to iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Here's what you need

• iOS 9 or later
  • iPhone 5 or later
  • iPad 4th generation or later
  • iPad mini 2nd generation or later
  • iPod touch 6th generation
  • Android version 4.0 or later

Before you begin

• On your Android device, make sure that Wi-Fi is on.
  • Plug your new iOS device and your Android device in to power.
  • Make sure the content you're moving, including what's on your external Micro SD card, will fit on your new iOS device
  • If you want to transfer your Chrome bookmarks, update to the latest version of Chrome on your Android device.

User uploaded file

Tap Move Data from Android

While setting up your new iOS device, look for the Apps & Data screen. Then tap Move Data from Android. If you've already finished setup, you'll have to erase your iOS device and start over. If you don't want to erase, just transfer your content manually.

Open the Move to iOS app

On your Android device, open the Move to iOS app and tap Continue. Read the terms and conditions that appear. Tap Agree to continue, then tap Next in the top-right corner of the Find Your Code screen.

Wait for a code

On your iOS device, tap Continue on the screen called Move from Android. Then wait for a ten-digit code to appear. If your Android device shows an alert that you have a weak Internet connection, you can ignore the alert.

Use the code

Enter the code on your Android device. Then wait for the Transfer Data screen to appear.

Choose your content and wait

On your Android device, select the content you'd like to transfer and tap Next. Then leave both devices alone until the loading bar that appears on your iOS device finishes—even if your Android indicates that the process is complete.

The whole transfer can take a while, depending on how much content you're moving.

Set up your iOS device

After the loading bar finishes on your iOS device, tap Done on your Android device. Then tap Continue on your iOS device and follow the onscreen steps to finish setting it up.

Finish up

Make sure that all of your content transferred. If some didn't, you can move that content manually. Then go to the App Store on your iOS device to find and download apps that were on your Android device.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Kind Regards.

I want to reset my iPhone and start from the scratch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.