Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facetime HD camera Boot Camp drivers in VMware

I am running our corporate Windows 7 image in VMware Fusion 8 on my 2012 Retina MBP.

We're having a test project on Skype for Business (2016), and I have installed SfB in the virtual machine since the native OS X client is not due untill later this summer.

However the camera is not working, and a VMware KB article said to install the Boot Camp drivers for any device that wouldn't work as intended.

So I downloaded the correct Boot Camp distributable for the MPB, but when starting setup it says "This version of Boot Camp is not intended for this computer model." which I thought was kind of fine since it probably detects the VMware HW layer instead of the MBP HW. And clearly, at this point the VMware KB article is just dead wrong since it doesn't mention any necessary steps other than this.

So then I found the AppleCamera64.exe installer in the Drivers\Apple folder, but when executing it, it just says ""C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Temp\RarSFX0" folder is not accessible". So then I create that particular folder and make sure the Temp folder is writable. Then it complains about RarSFX1 not being accessible, then RarSFX2, and so on.

So now I've created 15 RarSFX folders, and it's still not happy. This could go on till RarSFX99 or 199 for all I know, so how do I install the camera drivers?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 11:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 1:59 AM

Nevermind, the camera was not working at all, nor in OS X. A reboot fixed it.

1 reply

Facetime HD camera Boot Camp drivers in VMware

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.