Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Virtual B3 volume issues

When selecting any of the virtual B3 organs in a channel strip and playing via a midi controller/keyboard, any backing tracks I've brought in to playback channel strips far over-power the volume on the B3 strip. The playbacks are usually AIF files from GarageBand, Band in a Box or iTunes songs.

I've tried setting the max volume on the backing tracks to half but still the organs' volume is feeble at best in comparison.

As recommended (somewhere), my max volume allowed on the B3 strips is at +6.0db. I'm not sure if I should boost that way higher or what.

Is this an expected result of a midi instrument? I don't notice it on the Pianos, Synths or few other instrument channels I've tried.

Thank you.

iMac (27-inch Mid 2010), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1), 16gb RAM / 1tb int'l - 1tb ext'l

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 2:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 5:00 AM

You can boost the volume within the B3 plugin. The default volume is set at -6.

User uploaded file

2 replies

Feb 5, 2016 9:39 AM in response to lifenoise

So much to learn in this software. Thanks, will give that a try!

In the meantime if you can suggest any resources to learn Mainstage 3 inside and out, I'm all ears.

And by resources I mean for the everyday use. I do have the Apple PDFs for the product - user guide, effects, instruments. I just don't know where to turn at any point in time. I have downloaded some training videos which have been somewhat useful. Maybe I need a Mainstage For Dummies?

Virtual B3 volume issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.