Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Your payment was rejected.

When I tried to enter my credit card information with the App Store, I get an error like this.''Your payment was rejected.'' Why ?

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 1:53 AM

1 reply

Feb 5, 2016 7:28 AM in response to Furkan5185

This message means that the issuer of the credit or debit card you have on file in your iTunes account rejected a charge or account confirmation. It is not an Apple problem; Apple is just passing through the message from your issuer. You many need to contact the issuer to find out why the charge was rejected. You can do some self-troubleshooting first, however. Here are the most common reasons a charge might be rejected:

1. Insufficient balance or account in arrears
  2. Account suspended for suspected fraud (not necessarily by you)
  3. Error in card number
  4. Wrong expiration date
  5. Wrong CCV code
  6. Address in your iTunes account does not match exactly the billing address for the card
  7. The card was not issued in the country of the iTunes store

Your payment was rejected.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.