Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod software update

I was trying to do a factory restore on my ipod and when I did it forced me to download the latest version of the ipod software. But ever since I did that the Ipod has been fundamentally WRONG! The touch screen doesn't behave like it should, it was working FINE before the update.

My music loads fine but the menus and swipe action aren't acting like it should. The software simply isn't reading the touch screen right. Either the software version itself is wrong or I somehow got a corrupted download that then uploaded to the ipod.

How do I do in and delete/re-download the software update so I can then upload the corrected version back onto the ipod?

<Re-Titled by Host>

iPod nano, Windows 10, ipod software 1.0.4

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 1:36 AM

3 replies

Feb 5, 2016 5:23 AM in response to chreagan

This is an iPod nano? You should do another Restore. If you want to make sure you get a fresh download, this article describes where the downloaded iPod software package is stored for Windows

http://osxdaily.com/2010/12/08/ipsw-file-location-mac-and-windows/

This article is about iOS devices, but it works the same way for the iPod's software download. Drag the ipsw file for your iPod to another location. If there's a "signature" file for the package, move it too. Then, run a Restore on the iPod. iTunes should clearly download the iPod's software package again, and proceed with the Restore.

Feb 5, 2016 6:00 PM in response to Kenichi Watanabe

Well, I was able to delete the old OS file and download a new one but I still have the same problems with it. There must be another issue, or else the OS version itself is ****.

The swipe feature doesn't work AT ALL. You have to double tap anything to get it to go. It makes listening to audio-books loaded by CD impossible to listen to because you can't swipe down to get to where you had stopped during the previous listen. Also Siery keeps talking and narrating EVERYTHING I do. I'll be listening then suddenly the voice says something like "screen dim", "screen off",

How do I download an older OS and upload it? The ipod was working JUST FINE before this stupid OS update.

Feb 5, 2016 6:30 PM in response to chreagan

An iPod nano does not have Siri, but if you are hearing the VoiceOver voice, what you describe may be the iPod's Universal Access features. They should not be enable after completing a Restore, but take a look at the user guide for iPod nano, Chapter 11 (page 48) to see of it sounds like the Accessibility features

https://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1624/en_US/iPod_nano_2015_user_gui de.pdf

Ipod software update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.