Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Copy a template to a new blank spreadsheet

I have several subdivisions with different builders that I invoice weekly. I would like to copy the custom invoice I made for one subdivision and save it as the next subdivision's template, and so on. I have about 20 subdivisions at this time. Would this work better in Pages perhaps?

Thank you in advance.

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 2:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 3:05 PM

Hi rodee,

Would this work better in Pages perhaps?

This can be done in Numbers, but Pages may be better. Have a look at Pages > Template Chooser > Miscellaneous > Invoice

That has Placeholder Text (Menu > Format > Advanced > Define as Placeholder Text) where you type details to replace the Placeholder Text.

Have a look at Numbers > Business > Invoice (but no Placeholder Text).

If you decide that Numbers is the app you want, please reply with more details. Numbers has the power to lookup values from a "database" table (perhaps "hidden" on another Sheet) and fill in details after you enter a builder ID into a "presentation" (invoice) table. I am sure we can help you with that.

Regards,

Ian.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2016 3:05 PM in response to rodee34

Hi rodee,

Would this work better in Pages perhaps?

This can be done in Numbers, but Pages may be better. Have a look at Pages > Template Chooser > Miscellaneous > Invoice

That has Placeholder Text (Menu > Format > Advanced > Define as Placeholder Text) where you type details to replace the Placeholder Text.

Have a look at Numbers > Business > Invoice (but no Placeholder Text).

If you decide that Numbers is the app you want, please reply with more details. Numbers has the power to lookup values from a "database" table (perhaps "hidden" on another Sheet) and fill in details after you enter a builder ID into a "presentation" (invoice) table. I am sure we can help you with that.

Regards,

Ian.

Copy a template to a new blank spreadsheet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.