Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail: how to create forward AND EXCLUDE one particular emailaddress?

I'm trying to create a rule in MacMail (version 7.3) which excludes one particular emailadres.

Situation:

I want to autoforward emails to a email address of my accountants booking system.

Its no problem for me to set that rule. Easy does it.

BUT: the system of my accountant (Exact Online) sends auto receive mails back to my emailadres.

This creates a loop. (I send an invoice to my accountant, system says thanks to my emailaddress and Mail sends this thank you message again, and this goes on forever)

According to the system supervisor I should create a rule which says: Forward all email to xxx@xxxx EXPECT to xxxx@xxxx.

The system supervisor is Microsoft Outlook minded, so keeps telling me how to set the rule in Outlook. But i'm not working with Outlook 😠

Important note: the emailaddress that sends the auto message differs from the one I'm sending to.

I'm forwarding to 123@123 en info@123 sends me the auto message.

So I've got to create a rule or exclusion for the info@ address.

Thanks in advance for any help!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 2:50 AM

1 reply

Feb 6, 2016 1:11 PM in response to silvia1977

Hi silvia1977,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! I'm sure we can help you out with your question. There should be several ways of doing this. Most of the options in Rules should have options for "contains" and "does not contain", so you could set the forwarding rule to only apply to messages that "do not contain" the address in question. Alternately, rules are applied in the order they appear on the list, so you could create one rule that moves any incoming messages from that address to a different folder, then a second rule that forwards all remaining incoming email to your accountant. For more information on setting up Mail rules, you may find the following article helpful (the article is aimed at Yosemite, but should generally apply to Mavericks as well):

Mail (Yosemite): Use rules to manage your inbox

Regards

Mail: how to create forward AND EXCLUDE one particular emailaddress?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.