Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPhine 6S, 64 Gb. Where is my music?

OS 9.2.1

i bought my new iPhone 6S just before leaving for the Philippines. I figured I'd have hours and hours both in the air and on the ground to listen to the 3000 plus songs I have . . . . or thought I had.

I don't use iCloud. I don't much care for it. Too many unknowns.

Before I left for the PI, I synced all of my pics and music from my new iMac. Mind you, these are songs I imported to iTunes between 2008, and as recently as last week, from CDs I've collected since forever. Well, since CDs replaced all of my cassette tapes anyway.

i have also purchased about 940 songs from iTunes; i.e., I own them as well.

ALl seemed ok before I left. I connected my iPhone to my Harmon-Kardon amp and listened to music in the few days before I left for the PI. I was, however, connected to the Internet.

imagine my surprise when I got on the plane and had NO music. Just a purple and blue screen that said, "Don't miss a beat. Find your favorites in iTunes, then come back and enjoy them here."

ONce in my hotel room in Manila, with Wi-Fi, I discovered I had my songs. Unfortunately, as soon as I headed for Bataan, no music.

SO, what gives? Do I no longer have the freedom to listen to songs I own on my iPhone?

IF so, is there an app that allows me to listen to my songs?

also, can someone fix this editor? It either doesn't capitalize the first word of the sentence correctly or capitalizes the first two letters.

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 2:04 AM

2 replies

Feb 5, 2016 2:43 AM in response to AuCountry

I Wanted to add:

i also have an iPad Air that I take everywhere with me. It has no cellular data but it does have 128 GB of memory.

I Have both my iPad and iPhone 6s configured exactly the same way. The music works fine on the iPad.

BOth the ipad and the iphone hone were synced to my iMac prior to leaving for the Philippines.

MUsic sic is unavailable on the iPhone unless connected to a Wi-Fi. Even with the airplane mode turned off, without Wi-Fi, there is no music. The iPad, without cellular and without Wi-Fi, has my music and access to the App Store.

APp store is unavailable on the iPhone under all conditions.

IS this a bug in the OS 9.2.1?

the incorrect capitalization and extra words are curtesy of this editor. I got tired of correcting it.

Feb 9, 2016 1:24 PM in response to AuCountry

Much as I hate them for being evil, I've been forced into using Google Music Manager. You can upload 25,000 tracks to a free account which allows you to play your music via Wi-Fi wherever you are.

iTunes > Music.app is just a mess. I have never been able to get Home Sharing to work consistently since i bought an iPadAir. Third party developers, Plex, Google, Amazon, etc., their music library sharing software just works, they're effortless. Using iTunes 12 is like stepping back to Windows 95. Horrid.

New iPhine 6S, 64 Gb. Where is my music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.