Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store Snow Leopard update - Safari cannot load - have log.

Hi.

I read that Snow Leopard could be updated to El Capitano. I checked all the updates needed and installed them without a problem.

Then I could not download El.C. as the screen message said it could not download to my computer.

Then I found I could not load Safari, the ball spins at every opportunity, and the computer has slowed down considerably.

I can open Goggle and use the apps, but again this is slow.

Can I fix this? How?

Am I able to update from Snow Leopard as I understand this is no longer supported for updates from Apple, and now Google.

Or - would you advise getting rid of Safari altogether and just use Google.

I also have a MacBook Pro, so I could manage without Safari.

Thanking you.

LC

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 13" Black.

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 2:50 AM

1 reply

Feb 5, 2016 7:46 AM in response to Lady Carrington

Safari Corruption See post by Linc Davis

Check that your computer is compatible with Mountain Lion/Mavericks/Yosemite/El Capitan.

To check the model number hold down the option/alt key, go to the Apple menu and select System Information.

MacBook (Late 2008 Aluminum, or Early 2009 or newer) model number 5,1 or higher El Capitan requires early 2015

MacBook Pro (Mid/Late 2007 or newer) model number 3,1 or higher

Your Mac needs:

OS X v10.6.8 or OS X Lion already installed

2 GB or more of memory (More is better - 4 GB minimum seems to be the consensus)

8 GB or more of available space

Check to make sure your applications are compatible. PowerPC applications are no longer supported after 10.6.

Application Compatibility

Applications Compatibility (2)

El Capitan 10.11 Compatibility information

Do a backup before installing, preferable 2 backups on 2 different drives.

App Store Snow Leopard update - Safari cannot load - have log.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.