Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I take Mac mini back to Yosemite

I Updated to el Capitan OS X but it will not install and I don't know how to go back

Macmini 6,1

Boot ROM Version MM61.0106.BOA

SMC Version (system) 2.7f0

Hardware UUID 9BFD0855-CE77-5E50-B023-F8F06B77B34C

Message reads OS X could not be installed on your computer

FIle system verify or repair failed

Quit the installer to restart and try again - Which I have done numerous times

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 5:29 AM

2 replies

Feb 5, 2016 5:47 AM in response to Jenju1122

See:

How can I uninstall OS X Yosemite and return to OS X Mavericks?

However, that error message may indicate that your HD is damaged and needs to be replaced.

- Boot to Recovery and repair the startup disk

OS X: About OS X Recovery - Apple Support

- If it is repairable reinstall the OSX

How to reinstall OS X on your Mac - Apple Support

Noting should be lost

- If you do not have a backup use disk utility to restore the internal disk to an external disk so you can try to recover data.

Then format the startup disk and do a fresh install of OSX

If not repairable then replace the HD

Feb 5, 2016 10:20 AM in response to Jenju1122

The first thing the installer does is check the drive’s integrity and yours not only failed but the installer was unable to repair the drive. Restart in the recovery partition, run Disk Utility and attempt to repair the drive there. It sometimes will even when the Installer’s diskcheck run fails. If DU reports failure then follow IIIaaass’s advice to format the drive and then boot in Internet Recovery mode to download and install the OS. Then you can use your backup during the setup process to move your data and applications. If DU reports success try running the installer again.

How do I take Mac mini back to Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.