Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brand new iMac keeps getting beach ball of death?

Hi

I have a iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) - brand spanking new to replace my old trusty 2007 version. However every day I am having to restart it as I get the beachball of death - everything freezes and force quitting is not an option. I also can't get into the Activity Monitor to see what it might be when this happens. Any thoughts? All software up to date....

Thank you!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2), null

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 3:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 9:01 AM

The warranty entitles you to complimentary phone support for the first 90 days of ownership.

If you bought the product in the U.S. directly from Apple (not from a reseller), you have 14 days from the date of delivery in which to exchange or return it for a refund. In other countries, the return policy may be different. If you bought from a reseller, its return policy applies.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2016 9:01 AM in response to AJDUF

The warranty entitles you to complimentary phone support for the first 90 days of ownership.

If you bought the product in the U.S. directly from Apple (not from a reseller), you have 14 days from the date of delivery in which to exchange or return it for a refund. In other countries, the return policy may be different. If you bought from a reseller, its return policy applies.

Brand new iMac keeps getting beach ball of death?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.