Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Autofill no longer works after upgrade to Safari 9.0.3

I upgraded to Safari 9.0.3 yesterday on my Mac Mini 2.5 Ghz running OS X 10.10.5 and the autofill function stopped working. The password file still exists but the autofill function is not working. I ran Keychain First Aid repair and verification and no problems were found.

Mac mini

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 5:42 AM

6 replies

Feb 5, 2016 1:04 PM in response to Linc Davis

Thanks, Linc. The only Safari file that I have is in the applications file. The upgrade was a download from the App Store prompted by the software update notice in the Apple menu. I didn't copy anything to install it. One interesting thing that I am seeing is now an outline of a key in the Pin line which I don't remember seeing before the upgrade. Previously, the card number and the pin filled in automatically from the Autofill function. This is a library access page that I use many times a day in my job so its kind of a pain to have to type all this information. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks

User uploaded file

Feb 5, 2016 2:07 PM in response to Jke from pa

Under some conditions, Safari doesn't automatically fill in passwords; for example, if the site is insecure, or is secured by a self-signed certificate (even if the certificate is trusted.) You may be able to fill in the password by clicking in the password field and selecting from the menu that pops up from the key icon in your screenshot. This is an intentional change in Safari, not a bug.

Feb 5, 2016 4:01 PM in response to Linc Davis

Thanks for your help with this. The site in question is the main public library site for Pittsburgh, PA so there is no doubt it is a safe site and it worked as a safe site under the previous version of Safari that I have. Sometimes, I get a little upset with Apple when they make these updates that stop a feature from working that I use. I've had problems with iTunes and updates deleting podcasts automatically. It makes me question updating but I guess Apple's performance is better than what people experience with Windows.

Autofill no longer works after upgrade to Safari 9.0.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.