Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

keyboard problems bootcamp win 7 and el capitan

I upgraded to el capitan and now in bootcamp windows 7, the apple Bluetooth keyboard will not work. windows gives a device cannot start code 10 error .{keyboard works fine in Mac side.} I have tried everything listed in the community forums but nothing fixed it. If I upgrade to windows 10 will this fix the keyboard issue in bootcamp? Thanks for any assistance

Jim B

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3), mid 2011 iMac

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 8:04 AM

4 replies

Feb 6, 2016 7:11 AM in response to JJHB LDB

Just found this after having exactly the same problem myself! I'm on Windows 8, also on a mid 2011 iMac.

Never had an issues before, but after booting into Windows today (for the first time in a while, admittedly) the mouse works fine, but the keyboard "cannot start".

I've tried repairing the bootcamp drivers, but it made no difference.

Currently having to use an old wired USB keyboard, which is working fine.

When I boot back to OSX, the keyboard works with no problems.

Windows can see the bluetooth keyword, but it's always offline.

Feb 6, 2016 10:23 AM in response to JJHB LDB

I have just managed to get this working by doing the following:

Turned off the keyboard (hold down the button on the side)

In Windows Device Manager, I deleted my Keyboard, but also a "Bluetooth HID Device" which had the yellow alert icon next to it (not sure if this is related to the keyboard or not, as it's re-appeared again).

I then went to Bluetooth Settings in Windows and held down the button on the side of the keyboard until the green light flashed.

My keyboard then appeared on the list of Bluetooth devices, with a "pair" button.

Clicking pair gave me a code to type into the keyboard, which after pressing enter, has made the keyboard work.

I hope this will be helpful to you!

keyboard problems bootcamp win 7 and el capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.