Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Merge vs. Track Stacks in cycle mode

I feel ridiculous asking this, but I've been searching for 40 minutes and can't figure out how to do it.

When recording in cycle mode, you can either have the notes merge (overlap) as you cycle through, or they can create a new take every time (you don't even hear the data from the last pass).

How do you indicate which one you want? I am assuming you go somewhere in preferences to set up whether you want to merge or stack but I cannot find it and couldn't find out how to do it on the web.

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 8:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 9:05 AM

In LPX 10.2.1....

Logic's Menu Bar > Record > Overlapping Midi Recordings....

To make a permanent change to this behavior...

Create a new blank project

Go to Logic's Menu Bar > File > Project Settings > Recording (as it's a per project setting and not global)

User uploaded file

Configure what you want... and then save as a template (File > Save as Template) so you can start with that template for each and every new project...

You can also configure LPX to start with this new user template every time using Logic's main preferences... Logic Pro X > Preferences > General > Project Handling

User uploaded file

Use the Default Template button to select your new User template that you just created....

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2016 9:05 AM in response to Billy Sugarfix

In LPX 10.2.1....

Logic's Menu Bar > Record > Overlapping Midi Recordings....

To make a permanent change to this behavior...

Create a new blank project

Go to Logic's Menu Bar > File > Project Settings > Recording (as it's a per project setting and not global)

User uploaded file

Configure what you want... and then save as a template (File > Save as Template) so you can start with that template for each and every new project...

You can also configure LPX to start with this new user template every time using Logic's main preferences... Logic Pro X > Preferences > General > Project Handling

User uploaded file

Use the Default Template button to select your new User template that you just created....

Feb 5, 2016 9:54 AM in response to Billy Sugarfix

You are welcome Billy,,,, 🙂

User templates are great ways of setting up different configurations that suit any personal needs or workflows...

I have three of them that i use frequently.

1) When I want to work mainly with my External Hardware Synths so every External Instrument plugin track is correctly set up both Midi and Audio i/o wise..

2) When I want to work on an orchestral Mockup... with multiple Kontakt tracks and Libs ready to go... that i tend to use in that sort of work..

3) A basic blank setup with Midi channels/Plugins/Effect Buses/workflow enhancements that suit my style of working.. and whatever else I prefer, pre setup /Pre loaded.

Saves me a huge amount of time i find.. having these all ready to go...

Cheers..

Nigel

Merge vs. Track Stacks in cycle mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.