Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

email not working after update

After the most recent update one of my email accounts isn't working. I have a total of three. Two AOL and one Gmail. One AOL and the Gmail are fine. It asked for my password for the other AOL. It won't recognize it however; I am able to log into it on the internet. I have rebooted. When I log in on the internet it says password is needed for the IOS to work. I put in the password and click Done and it goes no where. I am able to use that email on my iPhone and MacBook. Any suggestions?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 9:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 9:26 AM

Delete the password from Keychain Access (Applications/Utilities). While there, Keychain Access menu First Aid.

Keychain Issues - Resolve see post by Kappy

Troubleshooting Apple Mail

What does Mail/Window/Connection Doctor Show? If the server is red, select it and look at the Show Details box.

Troubleshooting sending and receiving email messages

Troubleshooting sending email messages

Mail not sending or receiving messages after updating OS X

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2016 9:26 AM in response to jeannedaire

Delete the password from Keychain Access (Applications/Utilities). While there, Keychain Access menu First Aid.

Keychain Issues - Resolve see post by Kappy

Troubleshooting Apple Mail

What does Mail/Window/Connection Doctor Show? If the server is red, select it and look at the Show Details box.

Troubleshooting sending and receiving email messages

Troubleshooting sending email messages

Mail not sending or receiving messages after updating OS X

email not working after update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.