Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i pair iphone 6 to windows 10 laptop via bluetooth

how do i pair iphone 6+ to windows 10 laptop via bluetooth?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 8:40 AM

8 replies

Oct 29, 2017 7:55 AM in response to Phil0124

I think the bigger question is Why one BT device is unable to connect to another BT device. Weather it's Apple or Microsoft implementing the software so as the customer is unable to pair their iPhone to their PC or Mac. Why would they do this, the looser here is the customer, just goes to show what companies like apple and Microsoft think of their customers, they treat them with such disdain.

Feb 5, 2016 9:55 AM in response to duanefromlake balboa

You need to turn on Personal hotspot first on your iPhone.

Windows (At least Windows 10) has a specific option for joining a Personal Hotspot connection. It will list nearby BT devices. Click on the BT icon on your taskbar. You may need to click the down arrow to show other icons if its not visible.

Select your iPhone from the list, and it will send a pairing code that should appear on your iPhone's screen. Just Tap "Pair" on your iPhone, and confirm the code on your PC.

Windows will install the necessary drivers for it.

Once the pairing is complete, Windows will present a screen with your paired devices. Select your iPhone, and tap on "Connect Through", and click on Personal HotSpot to start the internet connection.

Dec 4, 2016 1:56 PM in response to bydict

You should see a screen like this one once the iPhone is paired:

User uploaded file

If you don't see it, click the Bluetooth icon on the taskbar and select "Join a Personal Area Network" from the dropdown.

If its still installing it will say so at the bottom of the screen, and the other options may not be available.

Once its done, you should get a "Connect using" option at the top, or by right clicking on the iPhone's icon there.

how do i pair iphone 6 to windows 10 laptop via bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.