Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Beat Mapping and Tempo changes...

Hey Everyone here's another question I have...

I have beat mapping to a song, which changes the tempo in parts of the song. Can I have the Tempo/Beat Mapping follow any moved or erased regions/sections.

Example:

I want to shorten a song, so I'm trying to use the splits/cuts that I have made in regions to erase some of the regions, and then move the other regions to the empty space to shorten the song.

Hopefully I explained myself correctly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mac Pro (Early 2008), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), 2x2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel, 32GB Ram

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 12:08 PM

Ok I figured it out.

Here's Directions in Case anyone needs to know how to do this.

Important!

- First record your Click Track to a midi track, by going into the Environment window under "Click & Ports", and cabling the "Midi Click" to the "input notes" Keyboard. Make sure you un-cable it after you record your Midi Click.

I had my Song Tempo Beat Mapped to one Audio file, and all other files were created with that fluctuating tempo. So in order to cut regions and place them elsewhere to shorten my song I needed to do the following...

1. Select All Regions

2. Right Click and select SMTP LOCK All Tracks/Regions

3. Show Beat Mapping

4. Click in Beat Mapping Header area (Not in the Vertical Bars area, but on the left area where is says Beat Mapping. This selects all Beat Mapping

5. Press the Delete Key to Delete all Beat Mapping (This will in turn change your temp to one tempo)

6. Select All Regions again

7. Right Click and de-select SMTP LOCK All Tracks/Regions

Now all Midi and Audio regions are still in sync, but you can move them around without them getting out of sync.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2016 12:08 PM in response to micdim

Ok I figured it out.

Here's Directions in Case anyone needs to know how to do this.

Important!

- First record your Click Track to a midi track, by going into the Environment window under "Click & Ports", and cabling the "Midi Click" to the "input notes" Keyboard. Make sure you un-cable it after you record your Midi Click.

I had my Song Tempo Beat Mapped to one Audio file, and all other files were created with that fluctuating tempo. So in order to cut regions and place them elsewhere to shorten my song I needed to do the following...

1. Select All Regions

2. Right Click and select SMTP LOCK All Tracks/Regions

3. Show Beat Mapping

4. Click in Beat Mapping Header area (Not in the Vertical Bars area, but on the left area where is says Beat Mapping. This selects all Beat Mapping

5. Press the Delete Key to Delete all Beat Mapping (This will in turn change your temp to one tempo)

6. Select All Regions again

7. Right Click and de-select SMTP LOCK All Tracks/Regions

Now all Midi and Audio regions are still in sync, but you can move them around without them getting out of sync.

Beat Mapping and Tempo changes...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.