Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what are iPhone 6s Plus video out formats?

Hi, We all know that there is a Lightening to HDMI adapter and it supports upto 1080p. This question/discussion is about next level details/formats being supported on the HDMI output side of the adapter in combination with iPhone 6s Plus.

HDMI standard supports RGB, YUV444, YUV422 in 8bpc, 10bpc, 12bpc etc, various color spaces, and resolutions such as 480i/576i, 480p/576p, 720p, 1080p, so and so forth to mention some dominant ones. Along with digital output, HDMI standard can also carry composite output, component output along with digital outputs from source to sink, where cable one end is HDMI connector other end can be HDMI, composite, component connector respectively. This info is useful in your adapter and cable purchase decisions whether you need a passive converter or active dongle which converts from digital to analog, from one resolution to another etc and so forth.

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 9:55 AM

4 replies

Feb 5, 2016 11:15 AM in response to Ingo2711

To clarify, it is a technical question.

What I posted along with my question is, there are several things in HDMI standard and output types. To correlate this with Apple standard documentation for iPhone 6s Plus, it simply says upto 1080p, which isn't exactly what resolutions below 1080p are supported? and also doesn't talk anything about color spaces, pixel packing formats, output types etc.

To reiterate, what are supported video output formats with "iPhone 6s Plus + Lightening to Digital adapter"?

what are iPhone 6s Plus video out formats?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.