Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why Can I not change my email in icloud on my phone

The email I originally set up in my phone/icloud is no longer in use, how can I delete that email in my icloud and put in my current email address?

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 11:02 AM

1 reply

Feb 5, 2016 11:09 AM in response to dajenkins17

Change your Apple ID

Follow these steps to change the email address that you use as your Apple ID.

1. Sign out of iCloud, the iTunes & App store, FaceTime, Find My Friends, Find My iPhone, and iMessage on each device that uses your Apple ID.
  2. Sign in to your Apple ID account page.
  3. In the Account section, click Edit > Change Email Address.
  4. Enter the email address you want to use as your Apple ID. A verification code will be sent to your new email address.
  5. Enter the verification code from the email into the fields provided and start using your updated Apple ID. Didn't get the email?

You can change your Apple ID to any other email address you control, as long as it's not already in use as an Apple ID. If your email address ends with @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com, you can't change your Apple ID and you won't see Change Email Address on your account page.

Learn more

After you change your Apple ID, you need to use your new sign-in information with all Apple services you use.

If you want to change the Apple ID that you use on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch—and not change the email address that you use as your Apple ID—follow these steps to sign out, then back in with a different Apple ID.

Last Modified: Jan 8, 2016

from > Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

why Can I not change my email in icloud on my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.