Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone back up and restore partially

Hi all,

I currently have 2 phones, iPhone 5s 16GB (iOS 8.4.1) and iPhone 6 64 GB (iOS 8.1). Now I want to migrate the data from the 5s to 6. It would sound easy, but the problem is, when I was using both phone, I have different pictures on each phone, and I have about 3000+ pictures on the iPhone 6 already. If I simple do back up 5s and restore to 6, I'm afraid I'd lose the pictures on the 6. I could back up the pictures from the 6 first, but, is there an easy way to just restore without overwriting the pictures already on the 6, or I can re-download all the pictures previously on the 6 after the restore without too much manual work?

Thanks!

iPhone 6, Windows 8, iOS 8.1

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 10:07 AM

2 replies

Feb 5, 2016 2:23 PM in response to KiltedTim

Thanks for the response KiltedTim. I guess that confirms my theory.

What program do you suggest for extraction? I tried using Windows explorer before, and it seems some pictures came out to be "half size", meaning when you load the pictures from the PC, it seems top half of the picture got imported, and the bottom half of the pictures are missing. It happened randomly to some of imported pictures from the iPhone, and I'll have to re-import them again.

iPhone back up and restore partially

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.