Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My son has an ipad linked to my iphone account. I do not want his mother to see my icloud content how do I turn my icloud info off on his ipad?

My son has an ipad and i have an iphone. His ipad is linked to my account. I do not live with his mother and i dont want her to see my icloud content if she looks in the icloud pics etc. How do i switch off what the ipad receives please?

I have been battling to find the solution to this all day!

iPhone 5s

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 11:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 12:39 PM

Remove it from your account, set it up with his own account, I think it is best to erase the device totally & start over with his own Apple ID.

You can't share an Apple ID between multiple devices & expect to lock one device from seeing other content within that Apple ID. Eventually the user needs your password to do something, which gives them access to everything (including messages, contacts, safari history, saved wifi passwords…).

You are having a tough time finding the answer because it isn't how iCloud & Apple ID's are meant to work.

Please note you may be able to share certain data by manually emailing it to him if you need certain items like specific contacts etc. Other services can allow shared calendars or photos that is intended to work with multiple Apple ID's.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2016 12:39 PM in response to CasAnt

Remove it from your account, set it up with his own account, I think it is best to erase the device totally & start over with his own Apple ID.

You can't share an Apple ID between multiple devices & expect to lock one device from seeing other content within that Apple ID. Eventually the user needs your password to do something, which gives them access to everything (including messages, contacts, safari history, saved wifi passwords…).

You are having a tough time finding the answer because it isn't how iCloud & Apple ID's are meant to work.

Please note you may be able to share certain data by manually emailing it to him if you need certain items like specific contacts etc. Other services can allow shared calendars or photos that is intended to work with multiple Apple ID's.

My son has an ipad linked to my iphone account. I do not want his mother to see my icloud content how do I turn my icloud info off on his ipad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.