Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

compound clips

real confusing! help please..... So i have 15 pieces that make up a flag. I needed the lag to be centered without having to move each piece. Made a compound clip. Centered flag then when I went to break apart clip items it went back to the original position not centered.....

Final Cut Pro X

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 9:58 AM

2 replies

Feb 5, 2016 11:35 AM in response to Wally Green

Here is what FCPx help says.

You can break apart a compound clip or a standard clip to convert its contents to individual clips in the Timeline.

Select a compound clip or a standard clip in the Timeline, and choose Clip > Break Apart Clip Items (or press Shift-Command-G).Final Cut Pro replaces the clip selected in the Timeline with the individual items that made up the clip.

If you selected a compound clip, its contents revert back to the original clips that made up the compound clip. However, the parent compound clip remains in the Browser.

Note that the contents revert to the original clips. What you are seeing is the way it works.

compound clips

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.