Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Airport Time Capsule connection with other

Quick question I have a new Airport Time Capsule. I am attempting to tie in my 2 existing 2 airport extremes to the new unit. They are located 2 different locations in the home, I see them in my utility but they are no longer connected...Lost...Help?

Airport Time Capsule 802.11ac, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 10:13 AM

7 replies

Feb 5, 2016 1:43 PM in response to annie822

Are you using ethernet to connect them or wireless extend?

When you installed the TC did you replace an existing router that the AE used or did you do a clean setup?

If you want to extend wireless simply reset the two AE to factory and start over with setup .. they should auto select to extend the TC by wireless.. but you need to start with them both reset otherwise it will mess up the network.

Feb 5, 2016 8:06 PM in response to annie822

The new TC needs the AE to be new.. or factory reset.

I don't know how hard you think this is.. but it is required if you have already configured them.. if not then they are already factory settings.

Power off the AE.. hold in the reset and power it on again.. keep holding in reset for about 10sec until the front LED flashes rapidly..

There you are done..not too hard.

Now the setup can pick it up in the airport utility and will automagically extend the TC wireless.

New Airport Time Capsule connection with other

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.