Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages 09, layout format to Wordprocessing?

I have the new Pages but hate it. So I did a resume in Layout in Pages 09 and of course, the person on the other end wants to edit it and they are on a PC. I'm not sure how a layout document would look if I make it a Windows document. So I thought I'd have better luck making it a word processing document first. Can I change it from a Layout to Wordprocessing in any way.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Is there someway for me to check how it looks on a PC before I send it?

Thanks!

Susan

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), iphone 6, ipad, Apple TV new imac

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 11:01 AM

4 replies

Feb 5, 2016 11:20 AM in response to susan-kelly

In the VIew menu, you can Show/Hide Layout Mode. That simple.

No PC application is going to open a Pages document. Period.

Since Pages '09 is not a Word clone, there is no 100% assurance that your export to Word .doc format will be an accurate representation of your Pages layout, or word processing appearance. If you want accuracy in Word document interchange, then use Office 2016 for Mac (requires Yosemite or later) because you will be opening, editing, and saving in the native Word document format.

Feb 5, 2016 11:26 AM in response to VikingOSX

Well that would be a big expense for a single resume! It's odd when I save it as a Word doc and then open it in Google Drive, there is nothing there. One colored box that I used by her name, no text at all. So clearly that is not going to work. I guess I just hoped there was some 3rd party app or something that would allow me to edit it, in a way so it would look good on a PC. Because converting to a doc doesn't seem to convert any text at all.

Susan

Pages 09, layout format to Wordprocessing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.