Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I upload my photos from iCloud ?

HHow do I upload my photos to use as screen saver on Apple TV?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 12:05 PM

1 reply

Feb 5, 2016 12:19 PM in response to josephfromriverhead

Step 1: Sign Into Your iCloud Account on the Apple TV

You are going to have to sign into your iCloud account and enter in your Apple ID and password. Head over Settings -> Accounts -> iCloud and Sign In.

User uploaded file

Note: If you are using either new Siri remote or the regular Apple TV remote this process can be a pain in the ***. Try downloading the free Remote app from the App Store to make it quicker to enter in information like this.

Hit continue and enter in your password. Once that is done you’ll be signed into you iCloud account on your Apple TV.

User uploaded file

Step 2: Turn on iCloud Photo Sharing and My Photo Stream

Once you have signed in, you will be able to turn ON iCloud Photo Sharing and My Photo Stream. Once you enable these options you’ll be able view your stream on the Apple TV.

User uploaded file

Step 3: Enable Your Photo Screensaver

Now that we have those options set we can switch the default screensaver. On the new Apple TV (4th Generation), go to Settings -> General -> Screen saver.

User uploaded file

For older Apple TVs go to Settings -> Screen Saver -> Photos.

In the screen saver section go to Type. You’ll notice that Aerial is the default type for 4th Generation Apple TV devices.

User uploaded file

In Type, find My Photos and in Albums select Photo Stream or another album that you have available for share.

User uploaded file

After you have selected your album or stream you’ll need to set is as your screensaver. You can also choose to just Play Slideshow. This will leave your screensaver as is, but play your photos as a slideshow instead.

User uploaded file

Once you click Set as Screensaver you’ll need to confirm this on the next screen; so click Yes.

User uploaded file

After that, your newly selected album or stream will play whenever your Apple TV is idle. You can double-check that everything is right by going to Settings -> General -> Screen saver and making sure that My Photos is the screensaver option.

User uploaded file

How do I upload my photos from iCloud ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.