Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 10, Version 1511 does not install properly on iMac

I installed Windows 10 Home on my iMac Retina 4K , OS El Capitan 10.11.3, using the BootCamp Assistant and a Windows 10 ISO just downloaded from the Microsoft site to my iMac hard drive. The system (Windows 10) was installed apparently without problems and seemed to function properly, including the wireless connections. During the installation, I saw that the Windows version installed was that of July 2015. I then restarted the computer and it automatically started installing the November Update (version 1511 of Windows 10). At the end of the process, the screen showed the following warning (I´m paraphrasing from memory):
"AUTOMATIC REPAIR"
"Windows did not install correctly"
"Restoring the system may restore your computer to a point earlier in time, when it was working properly..."
I restored it to the only restore point available (the one before I updated to the 1511 version). After it finished, the following message was shown on the screen:
"Automatic Repair was not able to repair your PC. Click on "Advanced Options" to try other options"
None of the options repaired the computer. The wireless controllers had disappeared. I contacted Apple Care (I have the three year extended warranty option) and they said they could not help me because this is a Microsoft Windows problem and I then contacted Microsoft support and they said they could not help me because Microsoft does not support Windows installed on Mac computers.
Can anybody help me?
Thank you!

iMac, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 11:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2016 9:14 PM

Would you like your post moved to the Boot Camp forum, that is where the MS Windows and Boot Camp people hang out. Most people on this forum don't use Windows. You may have someone that answers but your chances are better using the correct forum.

2 replies

Feb 5, 2016 12:54 PM in response to cepmatos27

Windows 10 is just so wonderful now that they don't give you any choice when it comes to

updates in Home. Even Pro limits you. Wish they would bring back the option to just check

for updates and let the user chose what to do.

What you may want to try is first, boot into OS X and in Disk Utility do a repair on your drive

(not any of the volumes listed under it). There can be issues with Windows 8.1 and 10 some

how upsetting partition tables.

After that reboot into Windows 10 and try reinstalling the Bootcamp drivers.

If that doesn't work, there is the usual re-install Windows.

Windows 10, Version 1511 does not install properly on iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.