Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod 6th gen faint click at start of playing tracks

Recently upgraded from a 5th gen 64gb to a 6th gen 128gb. Latest version of iOS installed.

The music plays fine, but when I either first select a track to play, or skip forward/back, there is an initial faint click/pop - rather like interference.

If I let tracks play one after the other, there are no clicks at the start of each track.

Anyone got any ideas ? The only solution I can think of is to reset the iPod and reload the content.

iPod touch, iOS 9.2.1, 6th gen, 128gb, Gold

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 11:56 AM

2 replies

Feb 5, 2016 12:03 PM in response to cholma

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Unsync/delete all music and resync

To delete all music go to Settings>General>Usage>Storage>Manage Storage>Music>Tap edit in upper right and then tap the minus sign by All Music

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

Feb 6, 2016 2:13 AM in response to lllaass

Thanks.

Restored, but doesn't make a difference. My daughter has got a 64gb version, and it does the same on that one. So, probably a 'feature' rather than an issue with the hardware. I was thinking about going to the Apple Store and getting a replacement (only got mine last weekend), but I strongly suspect that it would not make a difference.

As I said, it's not clicking in the music, just when I skip or press play, and it's only faint - in fact, my daughter couldn't hear it - although I have tinnitus and she's 15 years old. Not sure if I should be worried about her not hearing it. Had her iPod set so the volume limit was for the EU (I'm in the UK) recommended limit, but the volume max. I would use is 50% of that !!!

iPod 6th gen faint click at start of playing tracks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.