Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes files loaded on to new iMac keeps asking me to authorise the computer (and won't play) but when I do this it says that computer is already authorised. Help please!

I recently purchased a new I Mac (the old one's hard drive failed - fortunately I had backed up the old machine). I have successfully managed to load the old files including iTunes. However, when I now try to play iTunes TV shows I get a prompt to authorise the computer to play any of these shows. When I do the authorisation, I am told that the computer is already authorised ⚠ - and it still won't play. I have no parental controls in operation and have already tried deauthorising and then authorising all computers. Any ideas on how to break out of this cycle would be greatly appreciated!

iPod classic

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 1:35 PM

2 replies

iTunes files loaded on to new iMac keeps asking me to authorise the computer (and won't play) but when I do this it says that computer is already authorised. Help please!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.