Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Pro 1,1 stuck on Apple loading screen(Along with other problems)

So I recently got a Mac Pro 1,1 that was going to be thrown away for being slow. I put some more ram in it, and booted it into safe mode, after hearing that would help. When I was in safe mode, I restarted pretty early after the desktop showed up. THis might have caused the problem of the mac now refusing to boot up. I cannot boot into safe mode anymore, and when I try to reinstall OSX Lion, it says this item is temporarily unavailable. I am, however, not using the id associated with the mac, and I haven't gotten ahold of that id yet, but will soon. WOuld it help to replace the cmos battery? Oh, when I try to go into the terminal to fsck it, it freezes up. ANyone know how to fix all this?

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), Old Working Computer, ATI x1900

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 12:31 PM

4 replies

Feb 5, 2016 12:37 PM in response to calebhuizenga01

Yes, Lion is locked to the ID that originally purchased it. That is what the unavailable is saying

- Disconnect everything except mouse, KB monitor and power. That includes all but the HD with the OSX. Remove any other HD sleds

- Try resetting the SMC and NVRAM/PRAM

Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)

About NVRAM and PRAM

- Try starting in Safe Mode

OS X: What is Safe Boot, Safe Mode?

- Boot to Recovery and repair the startup disk

OS X: About OS X Recovery - Apple Support

- Do you have a Snow leopard install disk y can boot from?

- Do y ouhave another Mac?

Feb 6, 2016 1:47 AM in response to calebhuizenga01

Connect the two Macs via FW. Boot the problem one in Target Disk Mode

How to use and troubleshoot FireWire target disk mode - Apple Support

and see if you can access the disks on the problem one for the good one.

What model other Mac and what OSX version? Id Lion or less you can try booting from that Mac's HD by booting the other Mac in Target Disk mode.

Mac Pro 1,1 stuck on Apple loading screen(Along with other problems)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.