Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't email small pdf files from within applications

I'm not sure the issue is with the Livescribe+ app, it may be a problem with iOS mail app.

I was trying to email Livescribe PDFs to myself to eventually store in a folder on Dropbox. I world select the document, then share by email. It would open mail showing the attachment, I'd fill in info and send it.

For my long lectures, the file size triggered Mail to send me an iCloud link to download the file when I opened the email. If that happened, it worked.

For my short lectures, the file size was too small to trigger this. I would receive an email with a subject but with no content or attachment. I tried sending the complete pencasts, pdf pages, every version I could think of. I was quite furious with the Livescribe app.

Then I tried to email a 3 page PDF from within another app (PDF Expert), it too arrived as an empty email with no attachment. So I believe the fault is with iOS email. I also tried sharing a small PDF from Adobe Reader by email and received an empty email.

I shared a Word document from within Microsoft Word using Mail and received an email with the attachment.

I only seem to have this problem with PDFs.

Colleen

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 1:29 PM

2 replies

Feb 8, 2016 3:11 PM in response to Cavande

I am also experiencing the same issue with PDF attachments since upgrading iOS to version 9.2.1.

When I email a PDF to my email account, open in Mail, the PDF attachment opens within the email message to the first page (as an image). At that point, it seems to only be an image and no longer a PDF attachment. I am unable to "open in" PDF Expert (where I store the PDF document).

Other attachments, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint files, I'm not having this issue. MS documents, remain as attachments and I am able to "open in" PDF Expert or the MS apps.

This appears to be only a PDF issue. This occurs with both small to large PDF attachments (i.e. a couple page letter, to reports of 30+ pages in length).

PS

I also use Livescribe+ app and not able to transfer PDFs as before the latest iOS upgrade to 9.2.1.

Can't email small pdf files from within applications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.