Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No mirrored-margins? No facing-pages?

How can I make 'mirrored margins' or 'facing pages' in Pages version 5.6.1.? Has it been dropped in my version, as I cannot complete manuscripts for digital books without it.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), Lion, then Mavericks, now Yosomite

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 1:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 10:35 AM

You can't. Go back to Pages 4 or use another app.

Where exactly have you seen a requirement for these two things for .epub Digital books?

10 replies

Feb 6, 2016 8:53 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

Hi Tom, Thanks for your reply.

Using my pages app I uploaded my paperback book manuscript on CreateSpace. However, the 'interior reviewer' provided by CreateSpace shows all the wording placed centrally instead of showing the wording with 'mirrored margins'.

Re. your suggestion, how can I go back to pages 4, or what other app can you recommend?

Feb 13, 2016 5:02 AM in response to Denison

Problem Sharing.

I wasted DAYS in pages looking for mirror-margins (or facing pages) for my book manuscript. If you keep your MacBook Pro pages updated it is not there any longer. However, it was in applications - in the old Pages'09 version. Remember the inkwell? Drag the inkwell into your dock and use it from there, but remember to open your manuscripts in the old inkwell version.

Note to Apple: please bring back mirror-margins/facing-pages as we obviously need it!

Feb 13, 2016 5:20 AM in response to Denison

There usually is at least one post here per day by someone looking for facing pages, or some other missing feature of Pages v5. A search of the Pages support community could have saved you days by revealing that facing pages is absent. A search of: Pages 5 facing pages would have given you an answer.

Apple leadership and product teams are not monitoring responses in this open, user-to-user support community. The Pages application menu has a Provide Pages Feedback menu item that serves to communicate directly with the Pages product team.

No mirrored-margins? No facing-pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.