Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unknown apple i.d

My daughter has locked her iPad mini. I have followed the steps to reset it but but i'm stuck with the apple id. Message on screen says "this iPad is linked to an apple id g*******etc". No-one in the family has an apple id with those details. Can any one help? I'm worried that she may have set up an id herself but can't remember it.

iPad Mini

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 1:50 PM

2 replies

Feb 5, 2016 2:12 PM in response to mammalozo

Did you purchase this iPad used? If so the iPad appears to be Activation Locked to the previous owner. This is a security feature that prevents thieves from setting up and using a stolen or lost iPad or iPhone. You must contact the previous owner toad request that they remove the device from their Find My iPad in order for you to use the device. If you are the original owner and the iPad was purchased from Apple make an appointment at an Apple Store to have a technician examine your device. Be sure to bring your proof of purchase to the store.

unknown apple i.d

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.