Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

alternative ways to move aps among screens?

I had to reset up my phone due to an ap issue, so now I want to reorganize my aps to get the commonly used ones on one screen.. I understand one is supposed to drag the icon to the edge of the screen to get it to jump to another screen. It is taking me 30 or more tries per icon to get it to change screen. Is there some special trick to the movement or is there another way to do this? It is so annoying and it is going to take me a LONG time to move aps 2 screens

Sorry for such a stupid question.

Thanks!

Bill

iphone 6

iPhone 6

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 12:53 PM

3 replies

Feb 9, 2016 2:39 PM in response to bill swindaman

This is my way to move app icons across several page of screen.

1. Make a room for an app in the dock ( fixed area on the bottom of screen ) by moving one out to somewhere easy to remember.

2. Put the app-to-move into the dock

3. Swipe to the target screen.

4. Move the app-to-move from the dock to the screen.

* Repeat 2-4 as needed.

5. Restore the original app to dock.

It is not easy or simple as on iTunes, but I use this method occasionally as it doesn't need iTunes.

Feb 9, 2016 2:40 PM in response to bill swindaman

I dump all the apps I want to move into one folder. Actually, I try to put new apps into the TBD folder so that, when I get the urge to clean up, I can do it fairly easily. Then, I drag the folder from page to page, unpacking apps I want on that page when I get there.

iTunes is, in some ways easier but, I only connect my iPhone to my computer a couple of times a year.

alternative ways to move aps among screens?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.