Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Http message on Safari

I received the following message http://x9x31161131.urgentclient.info pop up on my Safari on MacBook Pro & iPad. The message with it was that my System has detected possible Suspicious Activity & to call a Apple-Certified technician to help resolve the issue on 855-908-3826. I tried to call the number but got a message the it was not office hours? The pop up message has blocked my Safari, even when I quit & open it again the same message comes up.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated>

OBS MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2008), + iPad

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 1:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 1:40 PM

It is a scam, do not call the number. Close the pop up if you can. Or force quit safari if it will not let you. Also clean out you history and cache files in safari. If you have extensions on in safari preferences turn them off.

8 replies

Feb 5, 2016 5:52 PM in response to JimiHumphrey

First, never use any kind of "anti-virus" or "anti-malware" software on a Mac. That's how you cause problems, not how you solve them. Obviously, your problem is not caused by malware, since it's affecting both the Mac and the iPad.

From the menu bar, please select

▹ System Preferences... ▹ Network ▹ Advanced... ▹ DNS

Under DNS Servers you should have one or more numerical addresses, such as “192.168.1.1” or “10.0.0.1”. What are those addresses?

Http message on Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.