Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone asking for password of my old ID Apple

I had an email (It was my Apple ID) and I deleted now I want to put my new ID, and my Iphone is asking for the password of the old Apple ID, but when I want to recover it says that that Apple ID does not exist.

Pls help!

iPhone 5, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 2:54 PM

3 replies

Feb 5, 2016 5:25 PM in response to Juan_Love_ Apple

Juan_Love_ Apple wrote:

I had an email (It was my Apple ID) and I deleted now I want to put my new ID, and my Iphone is asking for the password of the old Apple ID, but when I want to recover it says that that Apple ID does not exist.

Pls help!

Did you change the password for your existing Apple ID, or did you create a completely new Apple ID? If it's a new Apple ID you cannot transfer the purchases made with the old one to the new one. However, if you just changed the email address associated with your Apple ID then see: If iCloud asks you for the password to your previous Apple ID - Apple Support and What to do after you change your Apple ID email address or password - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.