Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tired of fighting bluetooth connectivity on Macbook Pro

Why is it that in order to connect either of my bluetooth speakers I first have to restart my Macbook? It simply will not acquire a bluetooth speaker without taking this annoying step.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 1:53 PM

2 replies

Feb 16, 2016 7:15 AM in response to SOUNDER4

Nope-probably not...Please remember that this is a user-to-user forum, and Apple doesn't monitor or reply here ever. So, if you post something, you may get an answer soon, or later, but you will get an answer nonetheless. Have you tried zapping pram and resetting the SMC/PMU?? I'd tell you how to do that here, but that's a lot of typing, and you can search for it on Apple's support pages or Google, if, like me, you're impatient. I don't know what brand of bluetooth speaker you have, or what kind of MacBook pro you have, or what OS is installed, only the info that you have given me. see if you can delete the speaker from the bluetooth menu at the top of your screen (look for the stylized "B") and then re-add and re-pair it, and make it discoverable....

Well, it's a start......

good luck to you

john B

Tired of fighting bluetooth connectivity on Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.