Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bug? "PDFs" now shows ALL PDFs, not unsorted PDFs as before

I upgraded iOS to 9.2.1 lately (from 8.x) and iBooks seems to have a bug now (from my perspective):

Originally when I copied a PDF to my iPad (mostly via Dropbox), it would show up under the collection "PDFs", which I would have used as a landing point for my new PDFs which I had not moved to their respective ("sorted") folders yet.

But now after the iOS upgrade, the "PDFs" collection has changed its semantic meaning: It shows *all* PDFs, both new/unsorted *and* those sorted into other folders.

I am not aware if this is intended or a bug (as I view it), but in any case: Is there a way to have a collection/view which shows the unsorted PDFs (as before)?

Thank you!

iPad, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 1:56 PM

3 replies

Feb 15, 2016 1:34 PM in response to King_Penguin

When you say "that is how it is now apparently designed to work", do you have any kind of "official" source?

I tried finding so on the Apple web site, but there is no real explanation what semantic should be behind the "PDFs" collection. So I will keep assuming this is a bug since this totally breaks iBook's usability now.

I will write to the feedback page as you suggested...

Bug? "PDFs" now shows ALL PDFs, not unsorted PDFs as before

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.