Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I fix 9.2.1 update not charging issue

I Need to roll back my iPhone 4S to 9.2.0.

The new 9.2.1 update created a significant power drain and right after updating to 9.2.1 the iPhone 4S lost the ability to run or charge when the phone is turned on. The phone now only charges when the phone is turned off.

I used the app called BATTERY to find the apps using the most

power and turned them off, I also removed unneeded apps, but there was no significant improvement.

Occured after update to 9.2.1

Suggestions, similar experiences, will be appreciated!

iPhone 4S, iOS 9.2.1, null

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 2:02 PM

2 replies

Feb 5, 2016 2:03 PM in response to Sour_apple_sauce

Using the battery level meter in this manner is comparable to using your car's fuel gauge to calculate miles per gallon. The only thing that matters is the total amount of operating time from full charge to auto-shutdown.

Use the wall-mount charger that came with the iPhone and charge overnight. Do NOT use a computer's USB port. Then, operate it normally until auto shut-down (ignore any low level alerts that may appear). An irony is that doing that test to determine the total operating time is also the procedure necessary to calibrate the battery level meter.

How do I fix 9.2.1 update not charging issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.