Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Macbook Pro won't print color from my HP Photosmart 5510.

I have installed the necessary drivers for Macbook Pro from HP's website for my printer, which is an all-in-one scanner/copier/printer HP Photosmart 5510, I've changed all the preferences I've been recommended to, but all that prints out when I try to print pictures from any application (i.e. Word, Pages, Preview, etc.) it comes out grainy, distorted, and black/white instead of in color. My ink cartridges are only a week old, and the test prints I've done directly from the printer itself come out in color. When I hooked up my old Toshiba with Windows 7, it printed out color pictures just fine. I'm not sure what else to do. Normally I don't need to print pictures, but it'd be nice if when I DO need to that I don't have to break out my ancient Toshiba, plug and unplug USB cords and chargers, just to print one or two pictures. Any ideas? Thanks.

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 2:52 PM

2 replies

Feb 5, 2016 2:59 PM in response to OACR

The Print dialog varies according to the application and the version of OS X. There are pulldown menus labeled Printerand Presets, and sometimes one labeled Paper Size. Below those is a divider with a menu that has no label. From that menu, please select

Color Matching

and then, below the divider, select the option marked

Vendor Color Matching

where Vendor is the name of the printer manufacturer, such as HP or Canon.

My Macbook Pro won't print color from my HP Photosmart 5510.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.