Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Comment and Changes pane auto-resizes

Working with Pages 5.6.1 on El Capitan.

This is a fairly recent development. When I first open the Comment and Changes pane, it appears as it always has. A decent width, but not great, and seemingly no way to adjust the width. However, when I'm working, the pane will auto-resize to an even smaller width than normal. This is infuriating since, despite the fact that you get a resize cursor when hovering over the pane, I can't make it any bigger nor even get it back to the size it normally is. The only fix I can see is to actually quit Pages and restart. Is there something I'm missing? Is anyone else having this bug? Do you think a delete and reinstall is the way to go?

Andy

OS X El Capitan (10.11.2)

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 2:33 PM

2 replies

Feb 5, 2016 3:34 PM in response to VikingOSX

Thanks for responding. But the document was not blocking the comments pane. I was in full screen mode when I encountered the problem. I left full screen mode to try your fix, but even with a large amount of gray area between the pane and document, I can't change the width of that pane. I've never been able to. Of course it's never been much of a problem until it started resizing to this ridiculous width.

User uploaded file

Here's what it looks like after I quit Pages and restarted.

User uploaded file

Problem is, I don't know what causes it to auto-resize, and I can't get it back to normal without quitting the program and restarting.

Andy

Comment and Changes pane auto-resizes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.