Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I extract/copy *.asf files from an app on Iphone to PC?

I have an app that records videos from my security cameras at work. The problem is that it recorded the files as *.asf files inside the app and I can't copy or move them to my PC. I tried plugging my iphone and looking for files but on widows I can only see image or video files from my camera roll. Any ideas? Thank you so much for your help.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 4:01 PM

5 replies

Feb 5, 2016 4:24 PM in response to happygolucky1364

If the app saves the video within the app, then the information is not accessible through the phone. The app developer would need to provide a method to extract the video if it saves it to the app. If you view the video, do you have the ability to share it, such as you do when you view a photo or video in a message or mail? If so, does it allow you to save it? If it allows you to save within the share menu, it should save to the Camera Roll. If that is not possible, there is no way for you to access any other files system on the phone with your computer. If they intended for the ability for you to save the video to your computer, then they have to have a way to explain it to you. The developer should have identified some type of support in iTunes.

Feb 5, 2016 4:50 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Ok, so I was able to back up all the files from my iPhone to my PC (not encrypted) which did transfer those files. I used a software called iBrowse which helps me view the files (not watch the view just see that they exist in the back up) but does not allow me to move them to another folder. I looked at the same location with my Explorer and it just shows a list of files with random, long letters and numbers with no file type.

Basically I have managed to move the files to my computer into the iPhone back folder but I can't see/decode them!

How do I extract/copy *.asf files from an app on Iphone to PC?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.