Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music app requires three attempts to launch

Using an iPad Air with the latest iOS (9.2.1, though this problem has been going on for a while; I can't remember when I first noticed it).

Routinely (not every time, but at least once every couple of days or so), when I want to launch the default music app, I have to open it three times. The first time I tap on the Music icon, the music app loads, and immediately quits. The second time, it does the exact same thing. The third time, it loads just fine.

If it makes any difference, my default setup is to show "My Music" sorted by albums. The first two times I launch the app (when it fails), the app will load somewhere down the album list (most likely scrolled down to the last album that I played, though I never look quickly enough, nor remember the last album I played if it's been a few hours/days since I played something on the iPad). The third time, it will load with the album list scrolled to the same spot, but after a second or so will snap to the top of the list (where it shows Recently Added, followed by the albums in alphabetical order).

I'm not sure what's going on exactly, nor have I figured out the method to replicate the issue. However, whenever the issue shows up, it always requires exactly three attempts to get it to load (four attempts it does not take, neither takes it two, excepting that it then requires a third; five is right out).

Online searches haven't yielded any similar complaints, mostly because all I see are complaints about the app crashing completely, rather than getting false starts.

iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 3:39 PM

There are no replies.

Music app requires three attempts to launch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.