Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod Nano not syncing!

Hey I've never had problems with this but a few weeks ago I got the newest update for ITunes. I then downloaded some music and tried to sync it. I waited for like 3 mins and it never downloaded my song. I tried many different songs and still didn't work. Can someone please help me??? My computer is a little out of date don't know if that's an issue or what

iPod nano, Windows 7

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 3:39 PM

1 reply

Feb 5, 2016 9:10 PM in response to J-Strine

For automatic syncing, the iPod needs to be set to Sync Music. To check, select the iPod in iTunes (click its device button on horizontal bar) to show its settings screen in iTunes window. Along left side (in the sidebar), under Settings, click Music. To the right, the iPod's Music settings screen is shown. Is the checkbox for Sync Music checked? If it's not checked, the iPod is currently set to use the manual loading method (drag/drop songs on iPod in iTunes).

If Sync Music was not checked, and you check it now, that turns ON automatic syncing. Any songs currently on iPod that are not in your iTunes library (on the computer) will be lost. Set up that screen to sync your entire music library (if it fits on iPod) or a selected portion of your iTunes music library, and click Apply.

If Sync Music was already checked, how is the iPod's Music settings screen set up? Are the new songs (that do not sync) included in your selection on that screen?

Ipod Nano not syncing!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.