Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 keeps waking up every few seconds on it's own

My iPhone 6 suddenly started waking itself up from sleep. Every 30 seconds or so, it wakes up to the enter pass code screen, stays on for a few seconds, then turns off again. I currently have it set to Auto-Lock after a 1 minute. I have tried doing a soft reset but that didn't help. I don't particularly want to do a hard reset, but unless someone has a solution or possible reason, i don't know what else to do. Anyone else had this issue? This is going to be a serious battery life problem!

Side note : I just discovered that whatever is causing this is actually preventing the phone from auto-locking. The screen dims and turns black like it should, but then a few seconds later comes back up but not on the lock screen. If I lock it manually, it locks fine but then starts the wake up/sleep cycle every few seconds again.

Message was edited by: EthansMommy08

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2.1, null

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 3:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 5:48 PM

Well.... I am updating this in case someone else has the same problem. I figured out what the issue was and boy do I feel like a real dummy! Basically what happened was I forgot to turn off my Bluetooth keyboard which was in my laptop bag. One of the buttons on the keyboard was being pressed which was causing the phone to try and wake up! Turned off the keyboard and Viola! Problem solved! 😮

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2016 5:48 PM in response to EthansMommy08

Well.... I am updating this in case someone else has the same problem. I figured out what the issue was and boy do I feel like a real dummy! Basically what happened was I forgot to turn off my Bluetooth keyboard which was in my laptop bag. One of the buttons on the keyboard was being pressed which was causing the phone to try and wake up! Turned off the keyboard and Viola! Problem solved! 😮

iPhone 6 keeps waking up every few seconds on it's own

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.