Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop phone app from full screen overlay when receiving a call

I use a third party app for navigation. My car has a bluetooth connection to my phone. When I'm driving in an area I don't know, and I get an incoming call, my display is completely overtaken by the incoming call answering screen. This is disconcerting and potentially dangerous. What I really want is for my phone to figure out that:

1. I'm in the car, i.e., a particular bluetooth connection

2. Don't overwrite the my current 3rd party maps screen with the fullscreen Phone answer screen. Just give me a top-screen notification and I can then choose to answer it or not answer it via my car phone button.

I would think this question would have been asked, if not answered, but I haven't found it yet. Changing the Notification style of the Phone app in Settings doesn't change the behavior.

Thanks for any info people can give me.

Regards,

Anthony

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 3:53 PM

2 replies

How to stop phone app from full screen overlay when receiving a call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.