Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lockups and Kernel Panics

So lately my mac has been either locking up completely, requiring me to do a hard reset or throwing a kernel panic. The other day I was quitting Safari and everything froze, I was unable to move my cursor and had to reset my laptop. The console shows a WindowServer userspace watchdog timeout. About 5 minutes ago I came back to my laptop after leaving it for about 10 minutes and I was back at the log in screen which is normal. So I entered my password in and the laptop rebooted twice in a row telling me there was a problem with my computer. The second time, the console shows a kernel panic cpu2 caller. Any ideas what this could be? To be honest, ever since I sent it in for repair for cosmetic issues, it's been running slow and freezing up a lot.

13" Macbook Pro late-2013

8GB RAM

el capitan 10.11.3

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), OS X El Capitan (10.11.3), null

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 5:22 PM

1 reply

Feb 5, 2016 5:37 PM in response to Mauro87

Kernel Panic is not one problem, it is one of Hundreds to Thousands of problems.

To get help with that, use this article to show where genuine Kernel Panics are stored, and cut-and paste a recent one in its entirety into a reply on the forums. Please do not post a screen shot, they are illegible. and please do not post ANY other kinds of panics, as their information is only helpful to the developer.

Mac OS X: How to log a kernel panic - Apple Support

Lockups and Kernel Panics

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.