Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to lock phone without ending call

I Can press my lock ton while I'm on a call and it won't hang up the call. But my friend is having is problem and I don't understand how to solve it. I know once my other owns and i figured it out, but I can't remember.

I Know there's a way where you can physically press the button and lock it and keep the call

i don't want nothing about proximity sensors and how it can lock on its own. I want to know why my phone can and his can't and how can he solve this

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 4:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 4:43 PM

Well, the correct action when pressing the sleep/wake button is to end the call. To be honest, the only way that I am aware of that does not end the call is if you have the headphones plugged in, or if the call is on speaker phone. If the call is not on speaker, or the headphones are not plugged in, the call will end. If both of you are on speaker and they act differently, I really don't know how to explain that. Yours is working correctly for a phone on a speaker call.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2016 4:43 PM in response to It'sbrandom

Well, the correct action when pressing the sleep/wake button is to end the call. To be honest, the only way that I am aware of that does not end the call is if you have the headphones plugged in, or if the call is on speaker phone. If the call is not on speaker, or the headphones are not plugged in, the call will end. If both of you are on speaker and they act differently, I really don't know how to explain that. Yours is working correctly for a phone on a speaker call.

How to lock phone without ending call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.