Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to replace individual frames of a clip?

Hi all. I've been editing a large live music film (around 47 minutes) and bumped into the -50 error when trying to export. I narrowed down the issue to having corrupted green frames, and I need to replace them with something, even just a pure black background tile, but I need to do so in a way that maintains the integrity of the timing. I tried to cut that section out by splitting the video, inserting a black background and pulling the start of the right hand side over to re-align the audio, but then the video is out of sync later on in the video. Surely there's a way to avoid that completely? I've tried selecting the area I'd like to replace on the clip itself, and various ways of pasting/dragging in other things, but I can't seem to make it work.

Picture inserted for posterity.

Thanks in advance!

User uploaded file

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 5:17 PM

1 reply

Feb 6, 2016 3:22 AM in response to Masonica33

"I tried to cut that section out by splitting the video, inserting a black background and pulling the start of the right hand side over to re-align the audio, but then the video is out of sync later on in the video. Surely there's a way to avoid that completely?"

Yes there is. When you split make sure that both the video clip and the audio track are selected. Then both video and audio will be split and both halves of the audio will be attached and in sync with the corresponding video.

Before split:

User uploaded file

After:

User uploaded file

If you expand the timeline timescale to the maximum (slider to the left of 'Settings') it is possible to trim by a single frame. (The right/left arrow keys advance/retard by one frame).

Geoff.

Is there a way to replace individual frames of a clip?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.